So, for 6 months now, we have been diligently taking a picture everyday and uploading them into our Flickr account. Just after I uploaded picture #179, I received a lovely message from Flickr. It said, "Hello! You have just uploaded your 179th photo. Once you upload 200 pictures, you will no longer be able to view any of them, unless you upgrade to Flickr Pro for $24.95. Thanks!"
Excuse me?!? Now that I am fully committed to taking a picture everyday for a year (umm...365 pictures) they are going to tell me I have to pay them....for a free website. (Or one that I thought was free...) Anyway, I was all flustered about this and, naturally, I went to complain to Jimmy. He said, "Welp, thats how they getcha. They are all out to get your money." I'm sure there was more to it than that, but that was the gist of it. He then suggested I create a new login for the remaining pictures. Pretty genuis, except now all my pictures won't be together. Oh well...thats what I did. So, our pictures from January - June 2009 will still be here.
To view the pictures from July - December, click on our new site at: 365 in 2009 - Part Two.
Hopefully, they won't change their rules again in 100 days from now....
Enjoy!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
That's How They Getcha
Posted by Kelley and Addison at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's annoying! Smart idea though.
Kodak did the same thing to me! At least that was only $5. Smart idea for a new login, though! :)
Post a Comment