Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Our 4th of July weekend was great, as usual! One of my friends from college got married on Friday night, July 3 in San Antonio. Jimmy was unable to get off work that day, since he just took 10 days off for our Hawaii trip. I still really wanted to go to the wedding so, mom and I drove into SA on Friday afternoon, just in time for the wedding! It was gorgeous and I was so happy that I went, even for a little bit. It was nice and kinda refreshing to see all the girls I haven't seen in so long! We stayed at Grandma's house in New Braunfels that night and drove home first thing Saturday morning. Thanks, mom for going out there with me!!

On Saturday, we went to our annual 4th of July party! Friends of ours from church have this party every year and there are a ton of people! They have everything from delicious BBQ, margarita machines, fabulous desserts and a professional fireworks show! So much fun!

Since we swam a lot this year, I only got two pictures at the party.
While mom and I were out of town the night before, dad's job was to make a dessert to take to the party. Here he is with his delicious Tres Leche American Flag cake. Let me tell you, this cake was AWESOME!

Happy 4th of July!!


3 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Fun!!

Katie said...

Oh can I have some cake?

Regina said...

Your dad did a good job on that cake!