Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Red Means Stop!

Yesterday, we were driving home with mom and saw a wreck! Well, we were first at the intersection and didn't see it happen, but we heard everything and smelled the airbags! A teenage girl ran a red light and a BMW t-boned her. The girl's car was completely smashed in on the driver's side. The BMW was totaled also, its bumper was laying about 25 feet away!
Since we were right there, I called 911 as fast as I could. My cell phone made a loud chime every minute after I hung up with 911, until I opened it and turned it off. I guess it must be a feature the phone has, incase I was in the wreck and someone couldn't find my location??

So many people run red lights in The Woodlands. Not just barely red lights, but red-red lights! This girl admitted she was not paying attention at all and playing with her radio. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but it looked awful.
Yeah, we took our picture for the day in the midst of the excitement! We were about to leave and couldn't be any more help so, why not!

Everyone be safe and remember, red means STOP!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad everyone was ok. When you dial 911, your phone turns on the gps so they can find you, if they don't already know where you are. Definitely an interesting story for your picture

Jalei & Lane said...

How scary!

Debbie said...

yikes! im so afraid when i enter intersections that someone will run a red light! ive seen it happen TWICE while driving!