Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Projects

I really don't know how I have time for a job August - May! I feel like summers are a bunch of little projects broken up by big ones! My "to-do" list each day doesn't always include sleeping in or going to the pool!
This summer, we finally painted our bedroom! Last year, we painted the downstairs, but our upstairs was still very blah. Even though we got new bedroom furniture for our anniversary in 2008, the room still didn't feel right.

After sampling four different colors, we chose 'Grasshopper Wing." I was pretty nervous as it was going on, but I love love the way it turned out!!
Jimmy had to work one Saturday so, dad came over and helped me do the primer. (Thanks again, dad!!! If it wasn't for you, the trim on our 12ft ceilings would still be left unfinished!)
Maya and Layla camped out on the bed all day. Sometimes I wish I had their life.
The next day, I painted my bathroom, by myself! I like being able to show off what I did "all by myself" and how strong I am. I tried to take the mirror off alone, but OOPS! As you can see, it shattered on one whole side, leaving my hand with tiny cuts (which made lots of blood and looked worse than it was) and my gorgeous "Ta-Da" ruined!
I think if I could get the other side to match, it would look pretty cool. We decided to put it up, until we get a new mirror. Bummer.
I think spray paint could be one of the best inventions. Everything on my counter used to be brown. The cup, soap pump, toothbrush holder, basket, frame and clock would have had to be replaced if it wasn't for a 94cent can of black spray paint. I just saved us about $50 thankyouverymuch.
I also spray painted the live, laugh, love signs that go above the doors! I love it! The bathroom is painted two shades lighter than the bedroom. The color is called 'Restful.' I love how it turned out (besides the mirror, of course).
For our anniversary, mom and dad bought us the metal wall hanging that is above the bed. I had to spray paint that too, but of course I didn't mind - another dollar put to good use.
I feel like our house is finally coming together piece by piece. Since we built it, we really had nothing to work with. Its expensive making it look better than blah.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Everything looks great! I personally HATE painting! I like picking out the color, but having someone else do the work.

Regina said...

You have been busy!! Good work, looks great!

College and Maddox said...

Looks great!!! I hate painting too...but love the way it looks afterwards... :)

Debbie said...

ooo, I love your bedroom. green's one of my favorite colors. and, the piece about the bed is gorgeous!!