We have been counting down to our trip to New Braunfels for some time now! On Friday, as soon as the bell rang, I was out the door and on my way home to pack the car! We dropped Layla and Maya off at mom and dad’s house, then headed out!
On Friday night, we were lucky enough to meet up with our friends Jon and Maria! (I am still kicking myself that we did not take pictures with them!!) Jimmy and I joke that as soon as we become close with people, they move. Actually, its not so much a joke anymore, it happens all the time. Anyway, we went to dinner with Jon and Maria! It was so nice catching up with them, hearing stories about their toddler, Joshua, and their new one on the way!
On Saturday morning, Jimmy and I went for a run and a bike ride then headed back to the river with a picnic!
The Comal River is always 72 degrees and it was perfection!
We did not float the river on Saturday, but we did spend enough time out there to get some color!!
On Saturday night, we met up with another family who has moved away. Kelly, Jay, Saibree, Makailyn, Kylie and Raegan live in Austin now. It was so great spending time with them as well!
We adore these girls and miss them so much!
On Sunday, Jimmy and I grabbed Sonic drinks (no margaritas this year) and headed back to the river for a perfect float! It was not super packed on the river, but there were enough people out there to keep it interesting.
Monday morning was a little cloudy and windy, or else we would have made it day 3 on the Comal. Instead, we went hiking in Panther Canyon and Landa Park.
We found some of the tamest (is that a word?) squirrels who loved to eat right out of our hands!
When we came home on Tuesday, we were so thrilled that we had a wonderful mini-vacation, but still had the whole week ahead of us to get stuff done around here.
Jimmy is doing a ton of work in the garage, we have to finish Addison’s room and just work on a bunch of little projects.
I just love, love, love having this time off and I am so thankful Jimmy took the week off too!
I hope you all are enjoying this gorgeous weather also!!

1 comments:
How fun! I'm going to keep that river on my list of things to do!
Post a Comment