Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Most Delicious Ever Banana Pudding Recipe

I am not a good cook. Most of the things I bake come from a box, but this banana pudding is one thing I love to make because it is so wonderfully delicious! It is one of Jimmy's favorite things! Here are the ingredients:

3 Cups Milk
Bananas
2 boxes (3.4 ounce) Instant Pudding Mix
(I don't use banana flavor, I use cheesecake flavor pudding)
Cream cheese
Sweetened Condensed Milk (14oz)
1 Large Cool Whip
Nila Wafers
Now, i know this isn't ever going to be a healthy dessert, but I do choose to use the low fat or fat free options of everything. Why consume extra calories when everything tastes the same??

Step one: Combine the pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, milk and half of the cool whip. Step Two: Mix Together until very smooth
Step Three: Ok, this time, my mixing didn't work out so well. No matter how long I mixed, there were still tiny bits of cream cheese in every bite. So, I counted out the Nila Wafers I thought I would use and crushed up the rest. Then, I added the crunched up bits of Nila Wafers to my pudding mix and nobody could tell the difference between cream cheese bits and cookie. :) (This is just optional, I had never done it before, but it was pretty good!)
Step Four: Start with a layer of Nila Wafers and slices of banana on the bottom of the dish. (The cookies are better when they are soggy) Then, alternate between layers of pudding and Nila Wafers and bananas. Top with the remaining whip cream and some wafers.
Step Five: Chill for several hours.
Ideally, you want to refrigerate it over night, but a few hours is okay.
This is such an awesome dessert! Try it soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That look so good I want to eat the picture. LOL!

Regina said...

I LOVE banana pudding and I got this recipe from a friend over a year ago and have never made it yet!! You may have inspired me to try it!!

Debbie said...

YUMMMMY! i LOVE banana pudding! :)