Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Time is Here!!

I am sure everyone is saying this, but I cannot believe it is December!!! I mean, we only have three weeks of school, then have two weeks off! What could be better?! Since the weather has been so warm and the year has flown by, I have not gotten in the "Christmassy" mood.
That changed today when we decorated our whole house for Christmas!! Its so awesome! The Christmas after we got engaged, we went to Target and bought a tree, an entire tree decorating set and a ton of Christmas stuff! We love the way our tree looks, even if we only have a few 'special' ornaments! Jimmy and I get each other an ornament every year for Christmas! Its so much fun picking our a good one each season! Also, the Sunday before Christmas, we have a huge family Christmas celebration! Jimmy has a huge family and they all tend to do their own thing on Christmas Day. Having a party at our house is a fun way to get everyone in both our families together!
For the four of you who read my blog, What are your traditions???

Hanging the ornaments!

Jimmy adding the final touch...


A favorite wedding present! The Willow Tree Nativity Set!


4 comments:

Katie said...

We have two traditions.
1. On Christmas Eve we get to open one present-our Christmas pajamas.
2. When we put our tree up, the first ornament to go on is the one we got on our honeymoon. Then we kiss and wish each other a Merry Christmas.
Your tree is too cute!! Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

I love your tree! It's very pretty! :) I like to watch a Christmas movie while we're putting up our decorations. Usually on Christmas day we spend the morning with my family and the afternoon with Brad's family. Oh, and we always go to Christmas Eve service at church. I love traditions! :)

Jalei & Lane said...

Very nice! I love your star. We need to get a better one. Lane & I give each other pajamas every year & sleep in them on Christmas Eve & open presents in them in the morning!

Debbie said...

Beautiful tree!! I think we even have the same tree skirt! I love everything Christmas, especially traditions! Badi and I always buy one new ornament each year for each other. It's so fun to add them to the tree the following year and reflect back! We also open one gift together on Christmas Eve, then spend Christmas Day with all of the family and open all the rest of the gifts! so fun!! :)