This past Monday, a teacher and I decided to sign up for the Run Through the Woods in The Woodlands. Its a 5 mile "Fun Run" held every Thanksgiving Day. I easily signed up for it thinking that it would be no problem since I work out every morning. Well, running is a totally different type of work out! I do the elliptical for 30-45 minutes 6 days a week, plus weights and this run kicked my butt! I am so happy to say that we finished the race in just under 50 minutes and never stopped to walk, not once!! There were times that I thought I was going to die! (The last mile started with a huge hill.) I just kept looking forward to seeing Jimmy and my parents at the finish line and then my Thanksgiving nap!! Needless to say, I am so sore right now, but I did it!!!
Jessica, Coach Bob (our cheerleader) and me crossing the finish line.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Way to go! That is an awesome accomplishment. I can't wait to start working out again, but even then I won't be running 5 miles! :)
I can't believe you ran 5 miles without stopping. Very impressive!
Post a Comment