Hurrricane Ike isn't even here yet, but has already made his mark. Wednesday, they just cancelled the CISD athletic events. Then, yesterday, at 10am, they made the announcement that schools for today are cancelled!Jimmy and I haven't really gotten caught up in the panic of any other hurricane, but this one seems different. Maybe its because the "projected path" shoots straight through Conroe and The Woodlands!
I went to Kroger's yesterday and got a few things. You would think its Armageddon out there! The lines to check out were clear to the back of the store!! I just grabbed a few last loaves of the bread, turkey and fruit. Tonight, we are headed to my mom and dad's for the weekend, or atleast until the storm passes. We will try to have fun, but we are hoping the mega-woodlands trees don't fall into the houses!!
Pray for us and everyone on the coast! The storm isn't supposed to make landfall until midnight tonight, but Galveston is already flodding from the waves! 


1 comments:
Well we decided to ride it out. We live right in the medical center & didn't feel like sitting dead still on the roads!
Post a Comment