Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 20, 2008

7 days without electricity...

During the past week, we have had to stay positive about not having power. Here is a list of the reasons it was a good thing, in no particular order...

  1. A cold front came through and it was cooler in our house this week than it ever is!
  2. We slept better than we normally do - we were forced to go to bed by 9pm and since it was so chilly in the house, we all slept so soundly.
  3. We ate like kings! Our food was quickly thawing out so, we had to think of creative ways to cook it all and eat it before it spoiled. I don't think we have ever eaten so much in one week!
  4. I had the best workouts! Normally, I do the elliptical machine each morning. Since that was out, I had to watch workout dvds on my laptop - I have been sore since Monday!
  5. We spent time together - without the TV!! Jimmy and I talked, read and cooked breakfast together. When we had friends over, we got to know each other a little better each time!

It really was an awesome week! While I am super happy the power is back on (because school starts back on Monday), we will miss the cool weather, early nights and fun times!

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Yes you're living under a rock! Go buy the book tomorrow & I promise you'll love it! You won't be able to stop reading. It's a vampire love story. I was very AGAINST reading this because I thought it sounded so cheesey, but ended up loving it. Let me know if you get it & what you think!

Jalei & Lane said...

Yes there's 4 books & Twilight is the 1st one. The author is Stephanie Meyer.

Wendi said...

Sounds like a refreshing week. We have so much to be thankful for!

About the blog - go to Scrapblog.com and create a scrapbook page. Then go to file, save it as a JPEG file, and download it to your blog! I can make you one if you want me to! Let me know :)

Regina said...

All of those things sound so fabulous!! I would hate not having electricity, but at least you made the most of it!