Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Super Fun River Weekend

Last weekend, Jimmy and I headed to New Braunfels with some friends. We went with Kelly and Jeremy, our neighbors and Lisa and Kyle, a friend from high school who only lives three streets away - weird. Anyway, the trip started out as a get-a-way weekend for our anniversary, but how fun is it to float the river with only two people??
We left on Saturday and drove straight into town. Before we went to the house, we had to stop at Clear Springs for yummy dinner!

Jimmy and Jeremy waiting for our name to be called at the restaurant.
So happy we are out of the car!
Kelly and Jeremy, our neighbors.
We packed up Sunday morning and headed to the Guadalupe. I went to school down in this area, but never floated the Guadalupe. We always went to the Comal or the San Marcos. Turns out, I like my rivers better than the Guadalupe. The water was 62 degrees!!!
Whoever took this picture has obviously never taken one before. Either that, or they didn't know who was supposed to be in the picture. (The kid on the right looks like he is posing, too)
They found a waterfall and had to explore.
Water cameras are horrible. This is the only picture we have of the 6 of us though.
Cooking dinner for us on Sunday night. This is after a long nap and hot shower.
Happy Anniversary! This is us outside Grandma's house on Monday morning.
Naeglin's Bakery...so delicious! Its the oldest bakery in Texas - can't go to New B without stopping at Naeglins!
Kelley, Jimmy, Jeremy and Kelly on Texas State campus. I didn't realize how much I miss this area, until we went back there!

Monday night, we ate our cake top!
Jimmy being goofy!
The dogs really wanted some cake, too!
Turns out, the cake was so good!!! We have been eating it all week!
I decided to share, since they didn't get any on the big night.
So handsome!

It was a great weekend!! I think we are going to make it an annual anniversary trip!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't floated the river in sooo long, I'm jealous! :) Isn't it surprising how good the cake still is, even after a year?

Debbie said...

what a fun weekend! and yep, our cake was soooo good last year!! I was so close to ordering some for our 2yr anniversary this past week but decided that wouldn't be good for our diets! haha :)