This week was better than great! Addison and I had a blast together each day! It was almost a magical week. Jimmy and I have been blessed with the happiest baby you will ever meet. She is so laid back about everything and just goes with the flow. Up until about two weeks ago, my only complaint was that Addison is not a good napper. When we got back from Aspen, I bought her room darkening curtains. Now, we consistently have a 2-2 hour a day napping baby!
Anyway, about this week…
Sunday started the perfect week off just right! We went to Berryhill for some margaritas on the patio, then to a concert in the park with Leigh Ann and Paul. Mom met us there and we all had a great time, with perfect weather!
On Monday, Addison and I went out to have lunch with Jimmy at work. I do not envy his drive everyday! Man, he works far away! I am glad we were able to meet up with him at least the one time this week!
On Tuesday, we hung out with mom, while her car was in the shop. She took this picture of Addison while we were in the car. I love this one, but it makes me wonder…where did my baby go???
Wednesday was a big day for Addison!! We spent a good part of the morning exploring the kitchen! While that may not sound like a fun spring break to some, I loved it! I love watching this girl discover and experience things for the first time!
…Like the door stop. It was fascinating to her!
I am still taking Addison’s weekly pictures! She turned 41 weeks this past Wednesday!
Then, we had the most fun of all when we went swimming for the first time!! Our PE teacher at my school has a heated pool and invited us over!
I was slow and cautious with Addison at first, but this girl is fearless! She LOVED the pool!
She kicked, splashed and put her face in the water all afternoon!
We were lucky enough to be invited back again on Friday!
She was even more fearless this time and didn’t want much to do with her float! She would rather be in the pool on her own, splashing and going under water!
Instead of wearing myself out, I set her on the huge top step and let her play on her own!
Once the boys came over to blow bubbles, she was right there, in the middle of the action with them!
This morning (Saturday), Jimmy, Kasey and I ran the Warrior Dash with some people from Jimmy’s Bank. If you haven’t heard about this race, YouTube It! It was nuts!
It was a 3.2 mile race with 13 different obstacles.
Thankfully, we ran in the first wave (of 500 people).
This is a picture of the very last obstacle. It was a swamp. We had to army crawl/swim underneath barbed wire.
Other obstacles included a tire field, jumping over fire. ‘running’ through a lake and going over 5 huge logs, a mud hill, rope wall and a pitch black tunnel that was about 50 yards long!
Here are some ‘after’ pictures! We were nasty! This was a fun event, but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be!
We donated our shoes, once the race was over.
Tonight, we went to mom and dad’s house to grill out! We LOVE going over there!!
Before dinner, Kasey, mom and I went and enjoyed a pedicure!
This was the perfect way to end a perfect week and a tiring day!
WOW! I cannot explain how wonderful this week was! Monday morning will be tough! Of course, it will be hard to get up so early, work out and head to work, but I so don’t want to take Addison to the babysitter’s!!! I have loved, loved every minute with my sweet girl this week! She is getting easier each day. I just adore her!
After rereading this post, I am overwhelmed with how blessed we are! I sure feel lucky to have such a happy, healthy baby and a family that loves her just as much as we do!
I hope everyone else had a great week, too!
(10 weeks until summer!!!)

5 comments:
Such a fun week for you! I bet Addison was in heaven with you around all day! We will have to play this summer when you are off!
Addison is precious!! I'm sure it will be hard to go back, but it always seems like the weeks after Spring Break just fly by to me. Summer will be here so soon. You make it seem like being a stay at home mom would be so much fun! At least as teachers we get so much time off that for several months or weeks out of the year you can be.
What a fun week! Cute pics!
that does sound like a perfect week!!! glad you got to really enjoy your week off! adorable pics! :)
I just love reading how much you are enjoying Addison. It's wonderful to read your appreciation for the precious moments - trust me - it only gets better and better as time goes on!
Post a Comment