Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Whirlwind Trip to Aspen!

About two weeks ago, Jimmy called me in the middle of the work day.  He hardly ever calls while either of us are at work, unless something is up.  He was supposed to be in a big meeting, so I hurried up to answer his call!

SDC18675

He said, “Hey, Kell…How’s it goin?  I need you to take off March 7, 8, 9 and 10.”  My response was…”Umm…ok.  What’s going on?  And do you know that is the week before my spring break?”

Turns out, his bank invited the managers of the TOP FIVE branches in the company to head to Aspen, Colorado for a pleasure trip.  The only catch…they needed to know if we could go ASAP! 

I called mom first thing and told her about our awesome deal.  My parents are beyond wonderful and she said, “Well, you have got to tell them you will go.  We can figure out the details with Addison later!”

Fast forward ten days to this…

SDC18684

Hellloooooo Aspen!  The airport is about 2 minutes from where the 2011 X Games were.

SDC18686SDC18689

Driving around town the first day, we were overwhelmed with how beautiful the scenery was!

SDC18691

Our hosts took us to the first store and told the group to stock up on what we wanted to drink for the week!

SDC18692

We didn’t stay in a hotel while we were there.  We stayed at the owner of the Diamondback’s house!  Holy cow!  This place was phenomenal!!!

SDC18701SDC18710

Here is our room and one of the balconies.

SDC18712

Tommy is a manager at a branch in North Carolina.  His wife, Jamie, was awesome!  We had a great time with them!

SDC18716SDC18721

The first day we were there, we went to rent our ski equipment!  We were keeping our eye out for any celebrities we may see and turns out we found one.  Well, a pseudo-celebrity.  You may recognize him as the FBI agent on Castle, or the character, Nathan, from Heroes.  Adrian Pasdar was at Aspen Sports renting ski equipment with his kids.

I’m here to tell you he looks better than this in person.

SDC18723

Monday evening, we were treated with our own personal chef at the house.  They made amazing appetizers, soup, salad, steak and this for dessert for everyone.

SDC18730

Tuesday was ski day.  It snowed all night the night before, so supposedly the slopes were perfect!

SDC18746SDC18754SDC18758SDC18762SDC18766SDC18770SDC18771

I don’t handle heights very well.  I was great at skiing, but getting to the top of the mountain was tough for me.  I opted for a spa day the next day, while jimmy skied again.

It was better than I ever imagined.SDC18822

That morning, Jimmy and I played in the snow.  We had so much FUN!

SDC18780SDC18787

This is just outside of our room, off the balcony.

SDC18791SDC18793SDC18794SDC18798SDC18800SDC18802SDC18808SDC18812

The snow was so deep, it was too hard to walk through, so we crawled.

SDC18815SDC18819SDC18827

On the last night, we went to a delicious restaurant called Jimmy’s!!

SDC18824SDC18828SDC18829SDC18834

Jimmy ordered a rib-eye steak that was as big as his face.

SDC18835

He ate the whole thing!  Then, after showing his ID to prove his identity, he was allowed to sign the wall in the bar.

It was tough finding a good spot, but he was able to write his favorite quote and sign his name!

SDC18840SDC18843

Mel Gibson also signed the wall at Jimmy’s, even though he is obviously not a Jimmy.

SDC18845

What a marvelous trip!  It was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am so glad we were able to have this experience!!

1 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

That looks like so much fun! Did you know that Aspen's average home price is 4.6 million dollars?! After seeing your pictures, I believe it!