Happy 2010, everyone!
Our New Year’s Eve wasn’t too eventful. As you can see from the pictures, it was really, very low key. We went out to dinner with mom and dad (I forgot my camera). We were sure to go to an early dinner, as to not be on the road with any crazies. No worries there-we were finished by 7:30.
Then, we went to mom and dad’s house, with Layla and Maya. (Is it bad that the dogs are some of our best friends?!) Jimmy and dad made a fire and sat outside to smoke cigars. Mom and I stayed inside, except for the 4 minutes we braved the cold to roast a marshmallow.
Jimmy came in and passed out. I think I took this picture at 10:30. I didn’t get a great shot though because I was just as bad, not moving from the recliner.
Mom enjoyed some Amaretto slush while dad also struggled to stay awake.
Maya was my buddy all night. She is such a snuggler. This picture really made me realize how fat she is getting. Look at those rolls! I made a New Year’s resolution for her and we have cut back her food.
It may not have been super exciting, but we had a good time and didn’t do anything stupid. We are really more home-bodies anyway.
The other night, we had Kasey and our friend, Damien, over to play a new game we got. The game is called Quelf. If you haven’t heard of it, look it up and buy it. It is so much fun!
Its a stupidly simple board game, but with every card you draw, you have to do something crazy.
There were definitely points throughout the night where we all said, “Man, I wish we were drinking while we are playing this!”
Damian lost the use of his hands at one point, but still had to draw a picture of something.
Jimmy and I had to Rock, Paper, Scissors for a spot on the board.
Seriously, look it up. So much fun!
I hope everyone has had a great first week of 2010!

2 comments:
It cracks me up that you made a resolution for you dog!
looks like fun! i love finding new games!! our hall closet is FULL of them. thanks for the suggestion, i'll check it out!
Post a Comment