Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Houston Half Marathon!!

This weekend was the Houston Marathon!  I joined over 22,000 other runners for the big race!

Saturday was the Marathon Expo.  We picked up our race packets, got our shirts and shopped a ton of running booths!

  SDC15465

Jimmy and I posed with the finisher shirt mannequins!

SDC15470

We stayed downtown the night before so we wouldn’t have to leave our house at 4am on Sunday.  It was well worth it!

SDC15471

The morning of the race, most of the runners met in George R Brown Convention Center.  It was packed and crazy, but fun!  My friend, Leigh Ann, from school and her boyfriend, Paul also ran.  They were in my Woodlands Fit training group.  It was so nice to have people to run with the whole way through!

SDC15484

Baby Davis and I getting ready to run 13.1 miles!!

SDC15487

I’m trying to get everything ready.  There are so many little things to remember the morning of the race!

 SDC15489 SDC15491 SDC15494

Just a shot to capture how many people were actually there!

SDC15498

Jimmy and I before I left for the start line!

SDC15500

Paul, Leigh Ann, Brian and I waiting for the gun to go off!

SDC15501

Leigh Ann’s parents offered for Jimmy to ride around with them all morning!  It was so great because we saw them about 5 times throughout the course!

SDC15502

We went for a delicious post-race breakfast with our official finisher shirts and medals!

SDC15511

This was such an awesome experience!  I am so glad I did it!  We finished in 2 hours, 14 minutes!!  (We only stopped once, for a bathroom break!)  I will definitely do more half marathons!  Right now, I have no desire to do a full marathon!  This length was perfect!  It was a challenge, but it wasn’t awful! 

Right at mile 7, I told Leigh Ann, “At least we only have 6.1 miles left, not 19!” 

I keep replaying events from the morning in my head, but the very best part was seeing Jimmy and Leigh Ann’s parents on the course!  What an awesome husband I have to go out into the cold from point to point for over 2 hours! 

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Good job on running a half marathon when you're pregnant! Why didn't Jimmy do it?

Debbie said...

congratulatons!! geez, im not even pregnant and that sounds hard! haha, good for you! awesome job. :)

Regina said...

Wow, you are such a trooper. I could never do that, especially pregnant!