Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Loved our Labor Day!

I haven't blogged in what seems like forever, but that is because I have been living in my classroom. I get up about 4:15-4:30 every morning to work out, then I get to school. I am normally one of the first people at school, but I can get things done without any interruptions! Needless to say, I was looking forward to just one day off. What else would we do with our day off??? We went to the river of course!!!

On our way into New Braunfels, we stopped in Austin to eat at Hula Hut! So so very yummy!! I love this place, but I haven't been in forever. Jimmy had never been - he was very impressed.

I wish this picture wasn't so dark. Actually, I wish I had the time or energy to edit it, but I don't so, its stuck this way for now. This is Lake Austin. We are on a bridge under Mopac. There were runners everywhere on this bridge! It kinda made me jealous for a second, that we don't live there.

On Sunday, we got up to float and it was so very glorious!! I can't get enough of the river!


Oh, oh, oh! I almost forgot the BEST part of the weekend!!! Our friends, Jay and Kelly and their girls (two were our flower girls and one is our Goddaughter) are moving back to Texas!! They are not moving to the Houston area, unfortunately, but they are moving near Austin! Last time I checked, that is a lot closer than California!! Just so happens that Jay was in Austin for his final interview and some house hunting while we were in New Braunfels!! So, we met up for breakfast. It was so wonderful to see him and catch up! I am so happy for this family! They are expecting baby girl #4 in December!! We already have a trip planned as soon as she arrives! LOVE IT!

I hope everyone else had such an awesome weekend, too!

0 comments: