I don't think my mind has calmed down yet. Things have been nonstop since Monday morning when the kids walked in the door. I am so glad I took these two pictures before my class came in on Monday because it sure doesn't look like this now. There have been fights over crayons, sitting too close to each other and the fact that someone is crying makes everyone else's ears hurt. Yesterday, I gave up on the crayon boxes. In two days, we lost about 9 crayons because somehow they don't fit into a single box anymore. When they are trying to put their crayons in the boxes, they shove them in so hard that the bottom falls out and then there is a mess to clean up. Oh man. I think kindergarten teachers should get together and write a book. Nobody would believe what happens in the class.
It has been really fun though. Its so great to watch them learn little things throughout the day. Most of them are so willing to please and just want to do what I tell them.
I will try to post more stories as the year goes on, but right now, I am simply exhausted. I hope all the other teachers have had a great first week!!

1 comments:
Kindergarten is such a fun year. I remember loving it when I did my student teaching, but I will say that you are so tired by the end of the day!
Post a Comment