Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our new baby!

Last Saturday, we were on our way into the mall. It was our first stop, on what was going to be a fun date night for Jimmy and I. We almost never have a weekend night without specific plans so, we were going to have fun. Pulling into the parking lot, I saw them. A crate full of teeny-tiny puppies for sale. I was so excited - and yelled "Let's go see!!" I was surprised that Jimmy didn't argue, but instead, turned into the spot. As we got closer, I saw a big sign that read "Mini-Dachshunds." For those who don't know, we already have one dachshund - Layla. She is the best dog and love of my life! I don't know what Jimmy was thinking, or if he was even talking at that point because I think I was out the car, before it stopped. There were about 6 puppies who were 8 weeks old. Of course they were all adorable, but there was one who stole our hearts - yep, even Jimmy's.

She is light red with some unique markings on her back. The best part- her big blue eyes! Most dachshunds have dark brown; blue is very rare. We melted. Again, even Jimmy fell in love with her right then. I immediately said "This is what I want for my birthday!!!!" I was surprised he didn't laugh in my face. Since he didn't say no, I knew I had a chance. I told him it was his decision since, of course, I was on board and Jimmy replied, "I think we need to get her tonight. I mean, look at those eyes!" I was elated!! So, we now have a new baby.
We have named her 'Maya.' Last summer on our cruise, we went to the Riviera Maya. We are actually going there again this summer because the water there is the most gorgeous blue, like her eyes.
Layla is not convinced this was a good decision. She is slowly but surely starting to warm up, little by little. Today, they actually played a bit together. That was a hug breakthrough from Layla hiding under our bed, ignoring us. Actually, I think she is glaring at me in this picture:
I will be posting many more pictures and stories, but had to share her now! She is precious!

1 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

AHHHH hahaha!! I love the pictures of Layla.