Happy First Father’s Day to Jimmy!
I never knew I would have to rely on Jimmy so much, for everything, like I have these past few weeks. Once Addison was born, he stepped right up and took care of every little thing for us and waited on me hand and foot. I hate feeling so helpless and exhausted, but he has not minded one bit! We had a bit of a rough time for the four days we were in the hospital. Jimmy was a champ, changing diapers, going to the ‘new baby class’ alone, getting me everything I need and sleeping on the not so comfy couch/bed.
He is so proud of Addison and loves her so much!
Once we came home, I thought I would bounce right back and be able to do everything again. Turns out, I was wrong and the surgery kicked my butt. Jimmy still waited on us, helped feed, burp, change, dress and love on Addison while taking care of me, the dogs and his super long to-do list. The past three weeks, Jimmy has been working crazy hard on projects he has wanted to get done around the house. Thanks to help from another great father, my dad!, Jimmy knocked out a pretty big chunk of his list!
Jimmy has this calming effect on Addison that I don’t have. She is not a fussy baby, by any means, but when she won’t sleep or is making weird baby noises, he will scoop her up and she’s out.
It has been so much fun watching Jimmy love on Addison and care for her! He works so hard to make sure we are set up for success (as he says) and that we are all well taken care of. I probably definitely would not have made it through these last (almost) three weeks without Jimmy’s love and support!
We Love You!

2 comments:
What a great hubby you have. It's so wonderful watching your husband morph into a daddy!
Awwww, I love this post. I feel the same about Badi with Jacob. I, too, thought I could bounce right back when I got home. But holy crap, c-sections KICK YOUR BUTT! It took me a while to get back into feeling somewhat normail! Glad he's being so awesome for both his girls! :)
Post a Comment