Ever since we found out I was pregnant, we started getting all types of baby stuff in the mail. I don’t know how half of these companies knew a baby was coming, but they did and wanted us to make sure to use their diapers, formula, lotion, wipes or outfits as soon as she was here. We have really been getting a lot from Huggies and their ‘Enjoy the Ride’ program. Yesterday, I got a pamphlet telling me how I can best enjoy being pregnant. Its a bit late for that, since we only have about 3 1/2 weeks left! I threw it away because these days, I am not enjoying this ride.

I have hardly complained these past 8 months. I have to say, I have had it pretty easy. I never got sick, I was able to run up until about 2 weeks ago, I can still do the elliptical. So far, there has been no crazy swelling in my hands and feet (unless I am on recess duty and it is 95 degrees outside), I have had a ton of energy and everything has looked perfect with baby Addison. So, I guess, I have enjoyed this ride.
Until now. I am done with this. I am exhausted. (Having to deal with 20 5 and 6 year olds at the end of the school year doesn’t help either.) Yesterday, I fell back asleep after getting ready for work in the morning. I am ready to have my normal body back and feel good about it. Recently, my back has been killing me and the acid reflux is awful. I told Jimmy I have been so good, that now, he can get ready for the complaining to start.
We had a doctor’s appointment last Tuesday. Everything is still checking out great – except that Addison is sideways. She’s in a position called transverse. My doctor didn’t seem too worried and told me that if she didn’t turn we would ‘just fish her out.’ Nice. So, we have an ultrasound on Tuesday, the 18th to see how she is doing and if she has flipped or not. As of right now, I am pretty sure she hasn’t, but who knows. I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of a c-section to ‘fish her out,’ but it would kinda be nice to know when she will make her debut. We will know more on Tuesday! Until then, here is a picture of me from earlier this week, at 36 weeks.

2 comments:
That is too funny that you fell back asleep. I hope you weren't late! Ah yes, the acid reflux. I think that was my LEAST favorite part about being pregnant. Maybe your doc can prescribe you something. Mine did.
ughhhhh!! the acid reflux was the absolute worst part! that and heartburn, yuck!! hope you start feeling better, at least it waited a while to show up in full force!
ps- you're gorgeous! i didn't look half as good as you at the tailend of my pregnancy! haha
Post a Comment