Ever since Jimmy and I were married, we saved money every month. Thats what you are supposed to do, right? The problem is, we never had a specific plan for our money so, it easily disappeared on little/big things. (Ex: paint for the downstairs, a new puppy, a sprinkler system....it goes on and on.)
Well, last July, you may remember we bought this super comfy bed set! However, we went a little over budget on it. At the same time, we had pledged more to our church, our escrow payments went up and several little financial related items came up, causing us to panic. A few years ago, I bought the book "The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey, but never read it. After the bed set money fiasco, I pulled it out for Jimmy and he got really into it! We started watching The Dave Ramsey Show on TV and took the Financial Peace University classes. Jimmy even leads the FPU class at our church now! (I can't even tell you how proud I am of him, expecially since he hates public speaking!)
Six months after following Dave's steps to "Financial Peace," we have about 4 times more money in our savings account than we did in a full year! We are paying a whole lot more on our mortgage each month and we have savings accounts for big, important things that are in our future: car and baby (no, thats not an announcement, but we are planning ahead). We are hoping to pay cash for a new-to-us, but used car next March.
I am not bragging, I am just saying check out Dave and his steps! They really work!
So, this past Saturday, Dave Ramsey came to Houston for a Live Event! We volunteered to work the event all day. It was a long day, but a ton of fun! We even got to meet Dave!! I think it was a day Jimmy will always remember!

This is our Day 24 of 365 picture for our photo project!

7 comments:
Very interesting! I may check it out.
I will definitely have to look into that book. We do the same thing by saving a little bit each month but somehow managing to "blow" it on something in the end. It never hurts to learn how to save more money!!
That is so awesome! You two should be very proud!! I'm like you were, I have the book but haven't read it yet!
Sean and I did FPU as well and loved it - and learned so much from it!
I'm so glad that you all did too!
~Sara
We got tickets to go see him when he comes to Dallas in March! We're so excited.. isn't he great?!?
Cool, I hadn't heard of him or the book. Badi and put money away each month and try and pay extra on our mortgage each month....it'll be worth it in the long run!! I'll have to check out that book! :)
Very cool! I gave you an Honest Scrap award-check it out :)
Post a Comment