Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Countdown is On!

So, as of today, we have 14 school days left! We are all ready for the break! Before I taught, I used to think teachers were crazy by counting down until summer. I mean, at least they have a summer break! (ok, maybe they weren't crazy - maybe I was just a little jealous!!) Now that I am a teacher, and fully involved in the countdown (we have it written on our chalk board), I understand the need for a break!

I don't think anyone would teach without the break! The teachers are getting burned out, the kids are getting crazy and its almost too hot to go out for recess!
In addition to our "Days Until Summer" countdown, my family is counting down for our vacation to the Riviera Maya!! We only have 27 days! 4 weeks from yesterday! Can't wait!!This is where Jimmy and I were last year. It is Talum, a part of the Mayan Ruins (you can see a part of it on the left side). It was the best beach I have ever been to!!

2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I just realized I can check my blog from work. I thought it was blocked like everything else. Yay!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found me!! What grade do you teach? I will be finished with school in December so I can start teaching too...I can't wait!