Last Saturday was Faith and Family night at Minute Maid Park! I knew we had to get tickets when I found out the concert before the game was Stephen Curtis Chapman. Eight of us went, mom, dad, me, Jimmy, and Jimmy's brother, his wife and their two boys.
Before the concert started, Lance Berkman (Astro's 1st Baseman) gave his testimonial. One thing he said that I really liked: "All my life I have dreamed about playing professional baseball. Being in my position, you can have anything you want. Everything you need or want is given to you. None of that compares or even matters to knowing I have a relationship with Jesus."After Lance's presentation, Stephen Curtis Chapman performed. He was awesome! He talked about the loss of his daughter, his family and sang some of his best sons! I loved it!!!
We had about two hours between the concert and the game. Instead of eating inside the stadium and spending a ton of money, we brought a picnic and had a "tailgate party."
To kill more time, we walked over to Houston's new downtown park, Discovery Green. It is a pretty cool place and the boys had a great time!



3 comments:
Sounds like fun. I like your hair cut!
What a fun day!!! My sister-in-law lives in Houston. She takes our 19month old nephew to Discovery Park ALL the time...they love it!! The pictures look so cool! :)
Looks like fun!! Hope school is going well for you so far!!
Post a Comment